HOVERBIKE – it’s time to change a motorcycle
I found a very interesting project – HOVERBIKE. This is a revolution in aviation, you can sit on it like on a motorcycle, but your trip looks like a drone flight. HOVERBIKE designed to do what a helicopter does, but cost less.
What is interesting, the drone apart from its stunning and original looks, is safe and versatile, and when coupled with a 3DR Pixhawk flight controller it can fly by itself on a pre-determined flight path and return home.
Most important facts from the specification:
- Flat twin 4-stroke,
- one camshaft and 4-valves per cylinder,
- central balancer shaft,
- 1170cc, 7500rpm, 80KW,
- Fuel tank capacity 30L (with secondary tanks: 60L)
- Fuel Burn: 0.5L/min / 30L/hr
- Custom 1.5:1 reduction Gearbox
- 2 x Oak with carbon fiber leading edge
- Carbon fiber with Kevlar reinforcement and foam core (Width: 1.3m, Length: 3m, Height: 0.55m
- Dry 105kg
- Maximum >270kg
- Total Thrust >295kg
- 148km on primary tank @ 80knts cruise (290km with secondary tanks installed)
On kickstarter you can find 1/3rd scale drone project. This drone is as a proof of concept for latest full-sized Hoverbike prototype.